Tuesday 14 August 2012

MI & Omawumi to Host Headies 2012


THE HEADIES is Nigeria’s most credible and best organized music awards. for 2012, The Headies, have announced rapper Jude ‘M.I’ Abaga and sensational singer Omawumi Magbele to host the seventh edition of the highly rated Hip Hop World Awards.

At the host briefing session, M.I. said he was very excited and honoured to be called to host the Headies. “I’m privileged; I’m honoured to be here. You know, finally they call us after how many years to host the show… meanwhile we are going to be the best hosts. You know what I’m saying. And after this, they really have to go in to get us back because after this, people are going to be calling us to host their shows.”

“I’ve seen Omawumi host before and I know she is fabulous, she is fantastic, she is amazing on stage. I don’t know what is going on, you know what I’m saying, it took so long. Finally”

Omawumi was equally delighted about hosting the awards. “Overtime you know it has crossed my mind from the beginning so it is really overwhelming now that I will sit down and be the host of The Headies 2012” said the songstress. “We have such chemistry, we suppose friend”; she said further.

The pair of M.I and Omawumi would be the first all music pair to host the Headies. In the debut edition, Darey Art-Alade hosted. In 2007, D’Banj and Channel O VJ Tana were the first pair to host the Headies. In 2008 we had Basket Mouth and Nollywood actress Dakore Egbuson. The following year Banky W and music video director Kemi Adetiba hosted. 

2010 witnessed something unigue. Guest were thrilled with a voiceover called “Voice of God” as host for the event. In 2012, the music industry and Nollywood pairing of EL-Dee the Don and Rita Dominic hosted the event.

The Headies is billed to hold on Saturday, October 20, 2012 at the Convention centre of Eko Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment after reading. It will be nice to know what you feel about what you have seen here.

Thank you!!!